While many people dream of becoming a better person than the previous year, only a few get to doing it. We all begin the year with resolutions that could potentially send chills down the fastest growing country’s spine. Come year end, we’re still right where we began, talking about what we want to do when the new year begins.
Who told you great things have to wait for a new year to happen? Where on the calendar have you seen a month called “next year” or a day called “some day?” Reality is, while many people dream of quitting their job and starting their own business, only a few actually grow the balls to go through with it.
Why is it that some people are more successful than others? The power of their dreams is more powerful than their excuses. I bet you at some point have used one of these excuses to justify your being stuck in a job you bitch about during pillow talk while others are backbiting etcetera.
- FEAR (Remember when you used to fear letting go of mommy’s hand because you thought she’d leave you? Well, would you look at you now.)
- I don’t have the money. (Who does?)
- I don’t have any contacts to start with. (Really?)
- I’m not smart enough. (You have crowned yourself stupid.)
- I can’t talk. (Are you dumb?)
- I don’t have the time. (Yet you have the time to wake up at 5:00 AM to be stuck in traffic?)
- I’m too busy. (Doing what exactly?)
- It takes too long to build a business. (Yet you envy successful business people.)
- I’m afraid; building a business is too risky for me. (Eating is risky, sleeping is risky, walking is risky.)
- I don’t like dealing with people. (Morning boss, I greet you your Excellency. Ring any bells?)
- I’m too old. (Colonel Sanders, the guy who started the KFC you oh so dearly love, started at 65.)
- Waiting for all the lights to turn green. (The lights turn green when you press the button.)
- My husband/wife or my parents/siblings don’t support it. (They don’t support you to be broke either yet here you are. They also don’t support you when you’re broke.)
- My job is too demanding and I travel a lot. (Are you a Kenya Airways franchise?)
- I’m not good at Marketing. (Yet you are king/queen of forwarding numerous WhatsApp posts.)
- No, it’s Network. I can’t do it. (But you spread gossip but can’t spread a business that will better your life?)
- I’m not a professional. (Who was born a professional?)
- It’s hard. (Show me one woman that doesn’t like it hard.)
If these were the deciding factors, nobody would ever succeed. For every reason why it’s not possible, there are hundreds of people who have faced the same circumstances and succeeded. Lots of people overcome these so-called limiting factors, so it can’t be the limiting factors that limit you. It’s not the external conditions and circumstances that stop you – it’s YOU. We stop ourselves. We think limiting thoughts and engage in self-defeating behavior. Always remember, it’s arbitrary to logic, unique to you. Now get the fuck up, get the fuck out and take ACTION.